Who you hire matters! Not all photographers are of equal skill. How does that play out on your wedding? If you get someone with less experience, they will miss important opportunities or not know how to address an issue that comes up. Case-in-point, this wedding: Katie and Sean had a GORGEOUS wedding at Chamberlain Farm in Berkley Oct 1st. It was pouring rain right when we were supposed to do first-look and family/wedding party pics. Guaranteed any average photographer would
1. Most couples have never had images of themselves worthy enough to blow up and put on a wall, so it initially may feel odd. You also never got married nor had anything in life important enough to commemorate in such a meaningful way. 2. The Wall Art is your daily reminder. 3. It's not just for you. Any future children will grow up knowing that was the moment their family was formed. It's the Stake in the ground that makes their house their home. 4. One or both in the relati
1. We meet at our studio and get to know each other. You look, hold, feel the albums and Wall Art. We discuss what you're looking for in photography and what level of importance it plays in your wedding. 2. You sign a contract and bring us into your circle. We start planning for your engagement session for the season, location, etc. We also discuss any assistance you might have with other vendor selections still outstanding (especially video) 3. We meet for your engagemen
Don't you wish you could go back and relive it? Don't you wish there were at least pictures from every angle showing everyones reactions and all the joy? You're at an age and position now approaching your wedding where you actually can record and preserve a day you know in advance is going to be one of THE most important days of your life. You have the ability to do it right, with a team of professionals who's sole purpose is to preserve it for you perfectly. #berryphotos
It should not be an a-la-carte, start at square-one each time kind of thing. Your team should be built. From your Venue to your entertainment to your photographer, videographer and more. If you're searching for each one independently by asking random facebook groups you'll get a list a mile long for each category. The ones you select may not know each other and have to jostle for what could have naturally gone smooth had your team developed a relationship before. VENUES:
How do you find/hire a wedding photographer?
1. Ask your venue who they trust. Make sure that list is not a paid list but earned through years of trust.
2. Ask your friends. Keep in mind, however, that everyone's "Guy" is "The Best" and comes "Highly Recommended" so be sure to ask tough questions and actually look at the work presented (such as galleries).
3. Cross-reference for reviews on WeddingWire or The Knot. True reviews from true clients over a long period of time spea
Here's a quick story: We're at the Salem Waterfront, which, if you've ever been to Salem you know is all buildings right up to the water and no real park/green space anywhere to be found. Except,. . . a small gated seating area for an all women's nursing home just up the street from the venue. I got to the venue a little early to walk around and found it. I went in and asked a guy inside if I could bring a wedding party by around 3pm. He said it's a Sunday and management
For Jamie and Seth's wedding we had planned on a first-look at 1:30. The rain forecast called for 15% chance or rain at 1 and 85% at 2 continuing all night. Seeing this at 8am I called Jamie and Seth and asked how they felt about moving up the first-look to avoid the rain. Sounds easy - but it's not. 1. Had to make sure hair and makeup was OK with pushing everyone up by an hour. Luckily Jamie had hired people I knew well. It all worked out. 2. Just because I can start e
When Kris was getting ready (before leaving for the venue) we realized the flowers hadn't arrived yet. We were planning on doing a first look and all the formals before the ceremony. I could tell she was getting anxious. She had a bridesmaid call the florist. Of course, the conversation was something like "Where are you and when will you be here?". I asked if I could take the phone and talk to the florist. I coordinated with them to meet us at the venue 15 minutes later
Arne Martinson and Keith Berry have been the power behind Berryphotos since 2004. This award winning team has maintained a perfect 5 Star rating on all review sites including WeddingWire, The Knot, Google, and all others since their inception. Experience matters! #berryphotos www.berryphotos.com
99% of what you'll see out there from photographers will be natural light using just available light. It's nice and gives a soft look, but what about when you can make it even better?
When we take control of the light and use just the amount we want and compensate with our own - then we can become true masters of light.
Bright Sunny Day: We make the picture darker so you can get color and definition in the sky which means we need to put some flash on you.
Background Too Brigh
Lighting the ceremony can be the trickiest part of a wedding. From churches to bright gardens with weird shadows to venues with tricky configurations.
When considering a photographer look for shots of the ceremony. Look for skin tones, shadows, lighting, etc. Some locations just can't be fixed, but most can be done right with the proper experience.
#berryphotos #masterthelight www.berryphotos.com
Contact US to help work out your timeline! We want to ensure you have the most possible time to get all those amazing pictures. If you do a first look: We have all the time in the world before the ceremony to go and do whatever our hearts desire. If you build in a gap between cocktail hour and ceremony: We can get all the wedding party and family pictures done and still have plenty of time to dedicate to just the two of you in different poses and locations with entirely di
All these gorgeous pictures were thanks to a Post-Wedding Session. It was absolutely pouring on their wedding day, so FREE of charge we get together for a make-up session at the venue on a weekday and get all the shots we couldn't get on the wedding day. Best of all - instead of being limited to cocktail hour with family and wedding party, we could spend as much time as we needed on just the two of them. #berryphotos #WeWILLgetTheShot www.berryphotos.com
How important is it to you to have all the time in the world to enjoy your wedding day? Pad your day with pockets of down time so you can truly stop and enjoy it! • Berryphotos offers unlimited time, so you can start getting ready earlier. • If your venue allows you on property 90 minutes before the ceremony, take advantage of that • Do a first-look so you can enjoy your cocktail hour • Put a gap between cocktail hour and reception • About an hour into the dancing step out fo